Utö lighthouse is located in the Archipelago Sea and it is the oldest still operating lighthouse in Finland and also the first radio beacon. The framework of lighthouse is a stone masonry from 1814 and the lantern room and the coloring are from the late 1800s. The North wall on mainland side is completely white while other walls are red-white. Painting of lighthouse represents maritime signal flag “H” and the light signal is also four dots meaning “H”. Both tell to mariners that Utö has been a pilot base since 1540s.
The photo was taken by Minna in July of 2019.